At SAS we have the expectation of:
- safe, responsible, and respectful behavior;
- informed, educated, and thoughtful use of technology.
With these in mind, along with our Core values, we have the following ‘Commenting Guidelines’:
Commenting Guidelines
As a blogger, you will be commenting on other people’s work regularly. Good comments:
- are constructive, but not hurtful;
- consider the author and the purpose of the post;
- are always related to the content of the post;
- include personal connections to what the author wrote;
- answer a question, or add meaningful information to the content topic;
- follow the writing process. Comments are a published piece of writing.
from: http://kimcofino.com/blog/2009/09/06/student-blogging-guidelines/
Blog Post
- Go to your blog dashboard
- Start a new blog post
- Title the blog post Commenting Guidelines
- Highlight and copy the commenting guidelines listed above
- Paste them into the blog post
- Label your post gr5
- Publish your post
Comment Evaluation
- Take a sample comment and read it
- Review the ‘Commenting Guidelines’ and evaluate the sample comment that has been given to you
- Place your comment along a ‘Concern’, ‘Progressing’, and ‘Secure’ continuum on the floor
- Sit around the continuum
- Justify the positioning of your comment by using the ‘Commenting Guidelines’
Commenting Practice
Comment on another students blog post using one of the comment starters below if necessary.
Ensure your comment adheres to the ‘Commenting Guidelines’.
Ensure your comment adheres to the ‘Commenting Guidelines’.
Comment Starters
- This idea makes me think...
- I also wonder about...
- I had a similar experience or thought about...
- Have you thought about...
- I feel that...
- This made me think about...
- I wonder why...
- This post is relevant because...
- Your writing made me think that we should...
- I wish I understood why...
- This is important because...
- Another thing to consider is...
- I can relate to this...
- I don’t understand...
- I was reminded that...
- You made some good points here, such as .... I agree with them because ...
- I disagree with the point you made about …. The reason I disagree is ….
- This post made me realize that …. Why it made me realize this is ….
- A point about this you may want to think about is …. The reason you may want to think about it is because ….
- I also read about ….. I discovered that ...
No comments:
Post a Comment