Monday, November 17, 2014

Tech Bytes




Below is a sample of a Tech Byte I send out to the Grade 1 team with timely reminders for upcoming events and news.  I generally only send a Tech Byte out 1x/month.









DigCit Lesson
Please remember, next week starts our Showing Respect Online lesson in the Rainbow Room.  Ali and I will teach students about commenting. If you have already been commenting on blog posts regularly and you would like students to learn about replying to comments then please let me know so we can extend your students' learning.  

Comment moderation is turned on, so Kamilah has agreed to sign into class blogger accounts and publish all student comments this time (she will alert any teachers if a student's comment was not appropriate and couldn't be published).  In future, if you would like students to comment on their classmate's blog posts, you can publish comments from your SAS email or your IA can go through the class blogger acct.

Hour of Code
Please sign your class up for a time slot in December for an exploration into computer programming.  This lesson will support the worldwide event, Hour of Code.  Your IA needs to stay, but you do not...feel free to use this time to work on report cards or catch up on anything else during this busy time of year. 

IA Blogs
IAs have created blogs during my training sessions over the past several weeks.  I have included links below.  Please have a look at your IA's blog and feel free to leave a comment.  I am very proud of them and all of their hard work!





No comments:

Post a Comment