G4 teacher Rindi Baildon brought us a great project from her time in Taipei. She had students create videos videos of a poem they wrote. Then, they had a Poetry Cafe complete with table cloths and treats and invited the parents to attend.
Over the years we have used many different tools to create the videos. We went from Windows Movie Maker to iMovie to VoiceThread. This year I wanted to port it to iPads.
I used Haiku Deck to create the slides and to find high quality photos with Creative Commons licenses. Then, I took a screen capture of each slide, and of each slide with the credits showing. I brought those photos into iMovie and did the rest. I estimate it would take a minimum of six class sessions to complete this if the students had already selected one of their poems, and already had experience with Haiku Deck, iMovie and dictating with Siri.
Over the years we have used many different tools to create the videos. We went from Windows Movie Maker to iMovie to VoiceThread. This year I wanted to port it to iPads.
I used Haiku Deck to create the slides and to find high quality photos with Creative Commons licenses. Then, I took a screen capture of each slide, and of each slide with the credits showing. I brought those photos into iMovie and did the rest. I estimate it would take a minimum of six class sessions to complete this if the students had already selected one of their poems, and already had experience with Haiku Deck, iMovie and dictating with Siri.
No comments:
Post a Comment